Village Hidden in the Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Nightmare... Less a village, more a territory teetering between two planes of existence, the living and the dead. One moon hovers over for each plane. Anything can happen in this world. Two moons, one sky, one destiny.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
The Nightmare is Dissolved
Settling In - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 1:11 pm by ZeroVenkage
So it is, so it shall be then.

((this is kham... I got rid of the big giant red fuck you post because the huge pic was really annoying, it moved the entire page over like 10 inches))

Comments: 0
Latest topics
» I'm the Greatest! Fight me!
Settling In - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 14, 2024 5:00 am by Tigen

» fsfsfdsferwrwr
Settling In - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 1:29 pm by jnkute

» hello
Settling In - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 5:45 am by kimerajamm

» Hmmm...I wonder..
Settling In - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 1:04 am by Bloom

» As of December 23, Other Village Represenatives, please report
Settling In - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 8:26 pm by Jaka

» Fubuki and Orochi...
Settling In - Page 2 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 2:47 am by Bloom

» OHMIGOD! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Settling In - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 12:12 pm by Mayumi Suzugawa

» The Nightmare, Should it live or Die???
Settling In - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 2:21 am by Ryoichi

» Now They're Gone
Settling In - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 10:19 pm by ZK

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 54 on Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:35 pm
Affiliates

Settling In

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Alyss Frey
Bad Dream
Bad Dream
Alyss Frey

Female Number of posts : 516
Kekkei Genkai : Air Compression/Technopathy
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Settling In - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling In   Settling In - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 3:15 am

Boo!

*she had snuck behind him already when he walked in, stockinged feet on marble floor for stealth. Seeing all the supplies, she mentally smiled. Alyss was glad he went out of his way, sure...he was being extra nice today. Probably because of what happened before*
Back to top Go down
Skye Silverclaw
Sleeping Death
Sleeping Death
Skye Silverclaw

Male Number of posts : 552
Kekkei Genkai : Solaris
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Settling In   Settling In - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 3:19 am

Laying the salt and pepper shaker on the counter, Skye just smiled. At least she was getting her sense of humor back.. "I'll leave you to your cooking now.. enjoy the supplies~" He moved back into the living room and sat in a couch, just thinking. "..am I truely justified in my actions..."
Back to top Go down
Alyss Frey
Bad Dream
Bad Dream
Alyss Frey

PostSubject: Re: Settling In   Settling In - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 2:24 pm

*she finished up the cooking, setting it on dusty plates which she found in the cupboard and swiftly washed in the sink which she was surprised ran warm water. It was something quick she threw together. Chicken was usually a poultry that she had seen at the tavern quite often and so she knew a few recipes, She set a plate in front of him, then took her own seat silently*
Back to top Go down
Skye Silverclaw
Sleeping Death
Sleeping Death
Skye Silverclaw

PostSubject: Re: Settling In   Settling In - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 11:43 pm

Skye smelled the dish that Alyss had worked on, loving it already. He hadn't had a homecooked meal in a very long time.. He dug in the moment she took her seat, starting with a small piece of chicket breast. His eyes instantly lit up.

"Alyss, this is.. fantastic!"
Back to top Go down
Alyss Frey
Bad Dream
Bad Dream
Alyss Frey

PostSubject: Re: Settling In   Settling In - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 12:30 am

Yeah well...I learned some things when I was younger. Worked at a tavern and in the kitchen sometimes.

*she picked at the food, sometimes taking in a green pepper. Alyss liked green peppers...*

I'm guess you don't cook here often.
Back to top Go down
Skye Silverclaw
Sleeping Death
Sleeping Death
Skye Silverclaw

PostSubject: Re: Settling In   Settling In - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 1:06 am

"No, hardly ever.. I rely on Tavern food for my normal diet, since as you already saw I have no skill in cooking.." He kept eating the dish Alyss prepared, not looking at her at all. He still wasn't sure how open she was to him just yet.

"So, Alyss.. How do you like it here..?"
Back to top Go down
Alyss Frey
Bad Dream
Bad Dream
Alyss Frey

PostSubject: Re: Settling In   Settling In - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 1:18 am

It's horrible.

*she meant to say it...but she didn't. Alyss, though she didn't like it, made a promise and a bet with him. It was...natural to make things more optimistic: the castle was beautiful and looking out the window it wasn't even 1/3rd of the place. It looked like she would be living in luxary, seeing the bed and it's quality, the sheets and fabricsof the curtains even seemed thoroughly expensive. Yet she wasn't content..she wasn't willing to come here and that was how she felt, no buts or ifs. The only thing she could do was...*

Deal with it.

It's.....nice.
Back to top Go down
Skye Silverclaw
Sleeping Death
Sleeping Death
Skye Silverclaw

PostSubject: Re: Settling In   Settling In - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 1:23 am

He sighed. "That's an untruth, and you know it.."
Back to top Go down
Alyss Frey
Bad Dream
Bad Dream
Alyss Frey

PostSubject: Re: Settling In   Settling In - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 1:49 pm

*Alyss neither looked up into his eyes or did she say another word. Biting into a strip of chicken, she chewed slowly*
Back to top Go down
Skye Silverclaw
Sleeping Death
Sleeping Death
Skye Silverclaw

PostSubject: Re: Settling In   Settling In - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 2:19 pm

Skye rises from his seat, walking over to Alyss. He offers her his hand.

"Come with me.. There's something in this tower that I need to show you."
Back to top Go down
Alyss Frey
Bad Dream
Bad Dream
Alyss Frey

PostSubject: Re: Settling In   Settling In - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 2:21 pm

Show?

*she narrowed her eyes to focus upon his face. He could be lying..."something in this tower", he says? But his face seemed sincere enough, therefore Alyss stood slowly, grabbing his wrist instead*

Where to?
Back to top Go down
Skye Silverclaw
Sleeping Death
Sleeping Death
Skye Silverclaw

PostSubject: Re: Settling In   Settling In - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 1:03 am

He leads her on, up a staircase behind one of the bookshelves in the living room. It's very steep, spiraling upwards. "Hang on so you don't fall.."
Back to top Go down
Alyss Frey
Bad Dream
Bad Dream
Alyss Frey

PostSubject: Re: Settling In   Settling In - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 1:56 pm

*putting her other hand on the railing of the staircase, Alyss followed him up the spiral...it looked high...and she wasn't fond of heights. In fact, she used both hands, letting go of his wrist to grab onto the railing*

I'll be okay. Just keep going..
Back to top Go down
Skye Silverclaw
Sleeping Death
Sleeping Death
Skye Silverclaw

PostSubject: Re: Settling In   Settling In - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 5:51 pm

"Suit yourself.." He began walking up the staircase, slowly at first to make sure Alyss could keep up. He then started picking up the pace a bit, and the stairway slowly began to get less and less narrow, until they reached an elaborate doorway some 200 steps up. Skye opened it, revealing an observatory-esque room on a high point of the tower. From here the entire ocean was visible, including some tall buildings in the upcoming Chaos, and a vast majority of the Nightmare itself was visible as well. He signalled her to go right in..
Back to top Go down
Alyss Frey
Bad Dream
Bad Dream
Alyss Frey

PostSubject: Re: Settling In   Settling In - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 1:20 am

*taking the railing of the observatory, she stared out of the tower in wonder. (( A WHOLE NEW WORLDDDDDDDD )). The sky was amazing, like a painter's perfection on canvas. It looked unreal: the houses of others; the large apartments to the east; the new neighbors of Chaos building; the ocean shone like a giant mirror, ripples and waves. Everything was right here. Welcoming the breeze, Alyss turned to him, another genuine smile*

I can't believe you have a place like this...it's sort of hard to believe.
Back to top Go down
Skye Silverclaw
Sleeping Death
Sleeping Death
Skye Silverclaw

PostSubject: Re: Settling In   Settling In - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 10:44 pm

He stands in the center of the observatory, looking at the various views as well, and noticed her smile, returning it himself. "Ah.. the Tower was built to be a place of splendor after all. But this view fits even better with this setting.."

He walked over to what seemed to be a stone jutting out from a wall n the right side of the observatory. It had a small slot in it. "Alyss, put Trenmesser in here."
Back to top Go down
Alyss Frey
Bad Dream
Bad Dream
Alyss Frey

PostSubject: Re: Settling In   Settling In - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 1:54 pm

*the naked dagger slung at her large belt; gripping gently, Alyss felt the unfamiliar hilt, the wrappings were not the smooth bamboo which used to be her old weapon. She would have to cope. Lifting it, she slid the blade into the slot with ease*
Back to top Go down
Skye Silverclaw
Sleeping Death
Sleeping Death
Skye Silverclaw

PostSubject: Re: Settling In   Settling In - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 2:11 pm

The stone lit in certain places, glowing yellow suddenly in a rune-like pattern. The elaborate design began spreading throughout the walls and large domed window, eventually overtaking the entire observatory with a massive, elaborate golden pattern of energy.

It began glowing even brighter, and suddenly the window turned opaque, completely filled with golden light, like a blank screen. First, an image of a large figure with snow white hair, in a similar style to Skye's, appeared from the northern end of the room, looking away. Next, a shorter man with cropped red hair stood beside him, also looking in an arbitrary direction. Finally an image of ZK himself appeared at another end of the room, in his familiar pose and facial expression. He seemed to look down at the Nightmare from this observatory with pride.

"These are all the people who have influenced my life in one fashion or another. No, they're not terribly numerous, but they were all the people I had labeled as ones with some sort of.. value to their existence. Everyone else I've encountered has been dispensable in my eyes." He then looked directly at Alyss, motioning for her to look at another blank spot on the curved window. "Seems it's time we added a new face to this sanctuary of mine..."

He walked over to the gold window, waving her on with him to follow.
Back to top Go down
Alyss Frey
Bad Dream
Bad Dream
Alyss Frey

PostSubject: Re: Settling In   Settling In - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 2:17 pm

*staring at the red haired man, Alyss cautiously allowed a hand to touch the image. Her hand went through...like a hologram with no specific origin. Just like Skye's ability....she left the dagger in the slot to pick up later and followed him to the golden window*

I suppose I get why you want to put a new face in here...

*she didn't say a name, even though she knew it was hers, Alyss looked downwards, lashes shielding blue eyes*

I'm not sure if..I understand it. What is "The One" actually? Some sort of....prophecy, vision? How do you even know one exists and how did you tell just by fighting me? Logically, anyone can be the One then, wouldn't you say?

*she settled next to him, pondering in her puzzlement. What a predicament.*
Back to top Go down
Skye Silverclaw
Sleeping Death
Sleeping Death
Skye Silverclaw

PostSubject: Re: Settling In   Settling In - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 2:19 pm

"A man in a large black trenchcoat comes to you in the middle of the night. No one else is around, and there is barely any light. You're certain that his intentions are ill, and that his target is you. What do you do, Alyss Frey?"
Back to top Go down
Alyss Frey
Bad Dream
Bad Dream
Alyss Frey

PostSubject: Re: Settling In   Settling In - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 2:21 pm

Easy.

*her headphones glowed at this point, as bright as one that overshadows a football field. It pierced the soft lights that were around them. Alyss smiled slyly*

I'll make light.
Back to top Go down
Skye Silverclaw
Sleeping Death
Sleeping Death
Skye Silverclaw

PostSubject: Re: Settling In   Settling In - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 6:50 pm

Just as expected.. an unexpected and clever response from her. "Others would simply cut to the chase and attack.." He shifted his weight slightly, unsure of exactly how to further explain. "Alyss, you have a cunning, clever and thoughtful mind on top of a durable and capable body. Those two combined are more than anyone else I've seen has."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Settling In   Settling In - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Settling In
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Village Hidden in the Nightmare :: Eastern Seaboard :: Ivory Tower-
Jump to: