Village Hidden in the Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Nightmare... Less a village, more a territory teetering between two planes of existence, the living and the dead. One moon hovers over for each plane. Anything can happen in this world. Two moons, one sky, one destiny.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
The Nightmare is Dissolved
Just putting it out there... EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 1:11 pm by ZeroVenkage
So it is, so it shall be then.

((this is kham... I got rid of the big giant red fuck you post because the huge pic was really annoying, it moved the entire page over like 10 inches))

Comments: 0
Latest topics
» I'm the Greatest! Fight me!
Just putting it out there... EmptyWed Feb 14, 2024 5:00 am by Tigen

» fsfsfdsferwrwr
Just putting it out there... EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 1:29 pm by jnkute

» hello
Just putting it out there... EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 5:45 am by kimerajamm

» Hmmm...I wonder..
Just putting it out there... EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 1:04 am by Bloom

» As of December 23, Other Village Represenatives, please report
Just putting it out there... EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 8:26 pm by Jaka

» Fubuki and Orochi...
Just putting it out there... EmptyWed May 13, 2009 2:47 am by Bloom

» OHMIGOD! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just putting it out there... EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 12:12 pm by Mayumi Suzugawa

» The Nightmare, Should it live or Die???
Just putting it out there... EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 2:21 am by Ryoichi

» Now They're Gone
Just putting it out there... EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 10:19 pm by ZK

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 80 on Sun May 12, 2024 12:12 am
Affiliates

Just putting it out there...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Just putting it out there... Empty
PostSubject: Just putting it out there...   Just putting it out there... EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 5:17 am

See, I've been doing this since 2nd grade, but no, My parents thinki's stupid, they thought I was dumb for doing it, but as I've ALWAYS been doing. : DOODLING AND DRAWING DURING LECTURES IN CLASS HELPS YOU REMEMBER!!!! if you didn't know then now you do, hope you all get better grades. X3

Researchers in the United Kingdom found that test subjects who doodled while listening to a recorded message had a 29 percent better recall of the message's details than those who didn't doodle. The findings were published in Applied Cognitive Psychology.

"If someone is doing a boring task, like listening to a dull telephone conversation, they may start to daydream," study researcher Professor Jackie Andrade, of the School of Psychology at the University of Plymouth, said in a news release issued by the journal's publisher. "Daydreaming distracts them from the task, resulting in poorer performance. A simple task, like doodling, may be sufficient to stop daydreaming without affecting performance on the main task."

For the experiment, a two-and-a-half minute listing of several people's names and places was played for test subjects, who were charged with writing down only the names of the people said to be attending a party. During the recording, half the participants were asked to simultaneously shade in shapes on a piece of paper without attention to neatness. Participants were not told they were taking part in a memory test.

When the recording ended, all were asked for the eight names of those attending the party as well as eight place names mentioned in the audio. Those asked to doodle wrote down, on average, 7.5 names and places, while those who didn't doodle listed only 5.8.

"In psychology, tests of memory or attention will often use a second task to selectively block a particular mental process," Andrade said. "If that process is important for the main cognitive task, then performance will be impaired. My research shows that beneficial effects of secondary tasks, such as doodling, on concentration may offset the effects of selective blockade."

In everyday life, Andrade said, doodling "may be something we do because it helps to keep us on track with a boring task, rather than being an unnecessary distraction that we should try to resist doing."
Back to top Go down
Sadi D
Insomnia Trigger
Insomnia Trigger
Sadi D

Female Number of posts : 2170
Kekkei Genkai : Hangetsu no Goudou
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Just putting it out there...   Just putting it out there... EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 3:22 pm

Well that's interesting...although...I'd doodle whether it was helpful or not.
Back to top Go down
Kumiko
Bad Dream
Bad Dream
Kumiko

Female Number of posts : 1160
Kekkei Genkai : Nentou Karada (undiscovered)
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Just putting it out there...   Just putting it out there... EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 3:28 pm

When I doodle all over my notes, that just means that my daydreams werent sufficiant enough to occupy my boredom.

But that is actually interesting. A couple fo my friends in high school used to draw pictures to help them remember their vocab words (this was in like 10th grade when people still made you do that shit) and the rest of us would always study off their vocab lists to rember it. Otherwise wed just be guessing cuz we had no idea which words ment what.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just putting it out there...   Just putting it out there... Empty

Back to top Go down

Just putting it out there...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Village Hidden in the Nightmare :: Buildings :: Lounge :: Spammer's Paradise-
Jump to: