Village Hidden in the Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Nightmare... Less a village, more a territory teetering between two planes of existence, the living and the dead. One moon hovers over for each plane. Anything can happen in this world. Two moons, one sky, one destiny.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
The Nightmare is Dissolved
Ranks... What The Hell? EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 1:11 pm by ZeroVenkage
So it is, so it shall be then.

((this is kham... I got rid of the big giant red fuck you post because the huge pic was really annoying, it moved the entire page over like 10 inches))

Comments: 0
Latest topics
» I'm the Greatest! Fight me!
Ranks... What The Hell? EmptyWed Feb 14, 2024 5:00 am by Tigen

» fsfsfdsferwrwr
Ranks... What The Hell? EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 1:29 pm by jnkute

» hello
Ranks... What The Hell? EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 5:45 am by kimerajamm

» Hmmm...I wonder..
Ranks... What The Hell? EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 1:04 am by Bloom

» As of December 23, Other Village Represenatives, please report
Ranks... What The Hell? EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 8:26 pm by Jaka

» Fubuki and Orochi...
Ranks... What The Hell? EmptyWed May 13, 2009 2:47 am by Bloom

» OHMIGOD! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ranks... What The Hell? EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 12:12 pm by Mayumi Suzugawa

» The Nightmare, Should it live or Die???
Ranks... What The Hell? EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 2:21 am by Ryoichi

» Now They're Gone
Ranks... What The Hell? EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 10:19 pm by ZK

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 80 on Sun May 12, 2024 12:12 am
Affiliates

Ranks... What The Hell?

Go down 
+10
Skye Silverclaw
Alyss Frey
Susanoo
Akarui Yami
ZK
Orochi Kyokai
Lukas
Sadi D
Aeon Revorse
mahk-x
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
mahk-x
Nightmare's Wrath
Nightmare's Wrath
mahk-x

Male Number of posts : 2076
Kekkei Genkai : Carbon Infusion
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Ranks... What The Hell? Empty
PostSubject: Ranks... What The Hell?   Ranks... What The Hell? EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 12:56 am

Since im one of the Kage I can say that the concept of ones rank is like that of a "level" in a mmorpg. At your current level you cant really challenge someone way out of your league, but you can easily defeat someone lower than you...

the following ranks are in a general since...there are some sucky jounin and sucky anbu and beyond suck genin

Genin...
everyone can beat a genin... chuunin could be defeated by a genin but its highly unlikely

Chuunin
basically your still a genin....everyone can still beat you, but you can still pick on genin though

SP Jounin
the middle ground...you can fight almost anyone and hold your own you can challenge anbu and possibly win; although highly unlikely, and you may still loose to a chuunin, if their good

Jounin
your pretty much a beast, you can challenge anbu and hold your own, and might possibly win. Everyone lower than you wont be much of a challenge

Anbu
you possibly fight at sannin level...you can beat everyone in the lower ranks with some difficulty, but not much

Sanin
your tied with that of a kage...perhaps a tad bit lower you can stil beat anyone lower than you with ease...you would have some trouble with a good anbu

Kage
duh....

with that being said...there are some problems in between the jounin and special jounin level...but one again you can still be a sucky jounin, and there is no defined way to rank up...
Back to top Go down
Aeon Revorse
Reikikage
Reikikage
Aeon Revorse

Male Number of posts : 3371
Kekkei Genkai : Chakra Eye/Burst
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Ranks... What The Hell?   Ranks... What The Hell? EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 12:58 am

A simple explanation, but it gets the point across.
Back to top Go down
http://burstingenergy.ultimaterpg.org/forum.htm
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ranks... What The Hell?   Ranks... What The Hell? EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 12:59 am

This is my version of ranks, used for the Village lost in the depths.

Kage- Leaders of village. not likely to surpass

Sannin- a bit weaker than Kages if not equal.

Anbu-weaker than sannins in general, but they can put up a fight against both kages and sannin.

Jounin-just a bit weaker than anbu. But remember, anbu specialize in assassinations, so they naturally have greater speed then all ranks below. This means jounins may not be far off in power, but speed wise anbu are quickerso auto-hitting them won't play out well.

Special jounin- Not that weaker than jounin really, but at the same time, not that stronger than chunin. They have a good chance in beating jounin, but chunin have a good chance in beating them too. If they play their cards right, a special jounin could have a slim chance of beating an anbu.

Chunin-not that weaker in sp. jounin. sp. jounin are ninja that specialize, so this means that a sp. jounin would have better control over elements than a chunin would.

Genin-not too weaker than chunin, but enough to see a difference. Genin aren't really known, so if your a "speedy" or "strong" person, it won't play out that well until you rank up. mostly higher ranks have better control over elements and such than genin do, so keep that in mind when fighting a higher rank. If they play there cards right, genin could have a small chance of beating a sp. jounin.

Antagonist- no rank. they can be beaten by a chunin, but win against a jounin. with them, it only matters how you play your cards.
Back to top Go down
mahk-x
Nightmare's Wrath
Nightmare's Wrath
mahk-x

PostSubject: Re: Ranks... What The Hell?   Ranks... What The Hell? EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 1:02 am

I mean...there are some REALLY REALLY REALLY bad jounin out there who expect their powers to get respected just because they wear the title. Im not going to give examples, but they know who they are.... just because you wear the name doesnt mean you get the powers automaticly

Which is why im so strick when it comes to rank ups
Back to top Go down
Sadi D
Insomnia Trigger
Insomnia Trigger
Sadi D

Female Number of posts : 2170
Kekkei Genkai : Hangetsu no Goudou
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Ranks... What The Hell?   Ranks... What The Hell? EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 1:03 am

Is there some way though to like accurately rank people? Like, I know there was the same level fight thing, but this what we got now is kinda ridiculous imho.
Back to top Go down
Lukas
Bursting Energists
Bursting Energists
Lukas

Male Number of posts : 1220
Kekkei Genkai : Master of Puppets
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Ranks... What The Hell?   Ranks... What The Hell? EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 1:05 am

kham just name them, cause if I was on that list, I wouldn't even now, i think by stating names, they'll grow, like I did.
Back to top Go down
Orochi Kyokai
Dead
Dead
Orochi Kyokai

Male Number of posts : 1623
Kekkei Genkai : Heart of Hell
Registration date : 2008-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Ranks... What The Hell?   Ranks... What The Hell? EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 1:07 am

a Kage should be unsurpassable ((in my opinion)). they are like the villages symbol of power...i mean how would you feel if out of nowhere someone like Vladimir, or Fubu-kid just came along and pwned Kham?...it would be one of those WTF moments..the Kage should be the villages strongest member by far, and should only be beaten by someone on the same level, or higher

i agree with the rest of the ranks though

and as for ranking up, i myself was confused about that when i was a newbie, so i think a lot of genin will be happy to know that there isn't a set method for ranking, and that they can just do their best and hope to be noticed

and yes, i too would like to know if i am one of those Jounin...
Back to top Go down
ZK
Nightmare's Reprieve
Nightmare's Reprieve
ZK

Male Number of posts : 2138
Kekkei Genkai : Kamisora
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Ranks... What The Hell?   Ranks... What The Hell? EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 1:08 am

As far as ranking up goes, it never goes well when we try to do a mass rank up thing like chunin exams. It always gets fucked up by someone or something.

So all we have left now is singlehandedly going through and ranking people. The occasional PvP will pop up, but not lately since either, nobody wants to fight another of their rank being all picky and shit, or they just don't show.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nightmareninjas.heavenforum.com
Aeon Revorse
Reikikage
Reikikage
Aeon Revorse

PostSubject: Re: Ranks... What The Hell?   Ranks... What The Hell? EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 1:09 am

Only thing higher than a Kage is a Divine Entity. I mean a true planet crushing, life breathing, life taking entity.
and those don't pop up everday,
Back to top Go down
Lukas
Bursting Energists
Bursting Energists
Lukas

PostSubject: Re: Ranks... What The Hell?   Ranks... What The Hell? EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 1:11 am

PvP? please restate that into simple words...

is that a hint on something popping up Aeon? maybe, maybe not
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ranks... What The Hell?   Ranks... What The Hell? EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 1:12 am

I think I was pretty good to get special jounin, and I was happy I started a whole new area for ranking XD I dunno, I think I may be ready to test again.

but true Kham, your ranking matches are very strict, which is why ranking with you makes the person feel much more accomplished, like mikazuki did and fubuki himself. your mean in the exams, but its always worth while.
Back to top Go down
ZK
Nightmare's Reprieve
Nightmare's Reprieve
ZK

PostSubject: Re: Ranks... What The Hell?   Ranks... What The Hell? EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 1:12 am

Generally speaking, the original Trinity has direct access to those powers... SOOOOOOO yeah... Guess there's no beating it?

PvP is Person versus Person Lukas. TROLL MOAR
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ranks... What The Hell?   Ranks... What The Hell? EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 1:13 am

Pvp I think is people vs. people. I think it would be a nice way to rank, and if your a picky prick or just don't show then you ass out on a ranking.
Back to top Go down
Lukas
Bursting Energists
Bursting Energists
Lukas

PostSubject: Re: Ranks... What The Hell?   Ranks... What The Hell? EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 1:14 am

I should retry out for a ranking, I've been a jounin for a long time...but i'll get to that later...

lol thanks Zero...

I take who i can get fubuki, but it takes awhile for me to post XD, but i do achknoledge there challenge of mine or there's
Back to top Go down
Orochi Kyokai
Dead
Dead
Orochi Kyokai

PostSubject: Re: Ranks... What The Hell?   Ranks... What The Hell? EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 1:14 am

that would be time consuming,

something that might work could be...

people request to be ranked and then the kage decides the opponent
(example)

Kai: i wanna go from Jounin to anbu

Zk: i dont care...you'll will fight against Orochi ((when i was jounin)) to see if you become anbu.

that way you busy body higher ups can ignore fighting the weaklings and send others to fight them...this method would promote site activity and give you higher ups time off
Back to top Go down
Lukas
Bursting Energists
Bursting Energists
Lukas

PostSubject: Re: Ranks... What The Hell?   Ranks... What The Hell? EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 1:15 am

lmao you really want to kill him OROCHI XD
Back to top Go down
mahk-x
Nightmare's Wrath
Nightmare's Wrath
mahk-x

PostSubject: Re: Ranks... What The Hell?   Ranks... What The Hell? EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 1:16 am

I do the ranking exams that way so I can see how the person functions in those situations...usually its not jus the powers that get the person their respect. Its the whole approach

like fubu for example...I dont see fubu bullshitting much and he takes hits. He also responds well to near death situations. There are alot of aspects to a ranking exam. What your powers are is just the surface

I really dont want to name horrible ninja....
Back to top Go down
Aeon Revorse
Reikikage
Reikikage
Aeon Revorse

PostSubject: Re: Ranks... What The Hell?   Ranks... What The Hell? EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 1:16 am

Lukas wrote:
PvP? please restate that into simple words...

is that a hint on something popping up Aeon? maybe, maybe not

Hate to say it, but I doubt anything is popping up, from me anyway. I wanted to do the "Trapped in Aeon's Computer" event but not enough people learned about NetNavis

I always though PvP was Player vs Player?
Back to top Go down
Orochi Kyokai
Dead
Dead
Orochi Kyokai

geeze lukas..heve you ever even heard of an mmo?...or at least read/watched the hack series(s) XP

PvP is like basic abbreviation

Kai is a bit...nvm thats something for a rant...i won't start that here

Last edited by Orochi Kyokai on Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:17 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ZK
Nightmare's Reprieve
Nightmare's Reprieve
ZK

PostSubject: Re: Ranks... What The Hell?   Ranks... What The Hell? EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 1:17 am

Totally gonna do that from now on.

Why the hell didn't I think of that before?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ranks... What The Hell?   Ranks... What The Hell? EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 1:17 am

but as seen on t.v, kai would take a while. if people dont respond cause their about to lose then it would be hell and watses of time.
Back to top Go down
Orochi Kyokai
Dead
Dead
Orochi Kyokai

PostSubject: Re: Ranks... What The Hell?   Ranks... What The Hell? EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 1:19 am

i have no sympathy...person CHOOSES not to respond...kill em off, let 'em respond in their next life...
Back to top Go down
mahk-x
Nightmare's Wrath
Nightmare's Wrath
mahk-x

PostSubject: Re: Ranks... What The Hell?   Ranks... What The Hell? EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 1:19 am

IT IS PLAYER VS PLAYER!!!
Back to top Go down
Aeon Revorse
Reikikage
Reikikage
Aeon Revorse

PostSubject: Re: Ranks... What The Hell?   Ranks... What The Hell? EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 1:20 am

lmao.
ummm yea I thought so,
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ranks... What The Hell?   Ranks... What The Hell? EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 1:21 am

Thanks Kham I didn't see that at first, but my attitude is getting better here I would say....you know, as of like a week ago XD. but yeah its a good idea huh Zk? maybe one exam a week, you choose two ninja you think are worthy of a new rank and you for example do this.

"Alyss Vs. Bloom"

there both good ninja that you chose because you know that they are responsible with a heigher rank you choose the enviroment, and leave the rest to them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ranks... What The Hell?   Ranks... What The Hell? Empty

Back to top Go down

Ranks... What The Hell?
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next